“Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year!” We say it all so readily as the early winter season approaches. But do we mean it? Are you helping make your part of the world better, are you volunteering your time to help others. There are so many organizations that need our help where you can directly help individuals in your community or around the world.
Here are some organizations that I feel are worthwhile, please let me know if you have any to add to the list. Organizations that truly know the Spirit of the Season all year long.
- Your local volunteer fire company, they depend so much on the generosity of other. Please help.
- Your local Rotary Club. These dedicated business persons help with community projects to international aid and do so much to help others around the world and around the corner.
- Your local food bank. As the economy slowly recovers from 2011 to 2012, please remember there are many in your community that may need help with the basic elements, such as their next meal, please remember to help all year long, as hunger isn’t just a seasonal problem.
- Helping someone that is down on his luck, cancer touches almost every family, and For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation helps families battling cancer so they can get break from cancer.
- Nothing says Christmas and Hanukkah like toys for children, no one does it better than the U.S. Marine Corps. and their Toys for Tots program. If you can help, please do.
Let me know who you help at this season, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!